I was born in Arzamas-16 (Sarov), in Nizhegorodskaya region. At present I live and work in Stavanger in Norway, where I own a firm "Julia Mordvinova Art". My pictures are exhibited in several Norwegian galleries.
I like both - painting and drawing. When I paint I choose large formats. My goal is to fill my works with air, to convey the feeling of flight or weightlessness.
About drawing I like something different: decorative forms and colors. I experiment a lot with modern materials like plastic and acryl dough, but often get back to traditional technique of etching on copper-plates, which is really time and labor-consuming.
- Institute of Arts and Crafts in St Petersburg - the department of graphic arts and illustration, Yakhnin's studio. 2000-2007
- Rerikh's Art College in St Petersburg - painting department, Ponomaryov's and Lesov's studio. 1994-2000
- Children's art school in Sarov. 1989-1994
- "Galleri Gaute Rostrup", Stavanger, Norway, 2005
- Exhibition hall in Sarov's museum. 1998, 2000, 2002, 2007
- Stavanger University, Norway. 2002
- "Galleri G", Sandnes, Norway. 2002, 2003
- Dostoevsky Museum in Nizhny Novgorod. 2000
Participation in exhibitions:
- Tysv?r Kunstlaget, Norway, 2007
- Seasonal exhibitions in "Galleri Gaute Rostrup" 2003 - 2007
- International Contest of Graphics, Czechia, 2002
- 9 International Biennale of Graphics, Ostrov Wielikopolskij, Poland 2001
- 4 International Competition for Ex-Libris, Glinwich. Poland. 2001
- "Fruits of Bacchus", Italy. 2001
- Ex-libris et Petites Gravures sur le theme des cartes a jouer et des jeux de cartes, France 2001